*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722886-Its-Saturday-and-I-feel
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#722886 added April 23, 2011 at 6:19pm
Restrictions: None
It’s Saturday and I feel...
Jalál (Glory), 15 Jalál (Glory), 168 BE – Saturday, April 23, 2011 about 3:20 PM Pacific Time

It’s Saturday and I feel so alone. I’m not alone, my mother is in the house with me, but I can’t have a meaningful conversation with her. I know the problem is the Alzheimer’s disease. She gets angry for no reason and she has short-term memory problems.

If I cry in front of her, she asks what’s wrong. I can’t tell her I’m crying because she has Alzheimer’s disease. She doesn’t realize she suffers from Alzheimer’s; all though, perhaps it isn’t her that’s suffering from it. She doesn’t know she has it, so she doesn’t realize how devastating it is.

Today is a good day, because she isn’t as angry as yesterday. This morning she was in a good mood when the woman came to give her a bath. Mom won’t take a bath herself because she believes she already took one and doesn’t see why she has to take another; she gets angry. It’s difficult for me to give her a bath; I’m lucky to get her out of bed each morning.

I would love to have a meaningful conversation with Mom again. I would love to be able to ask Mom what’s wrong and have her give me a logical answer. Instead, she doesn’t know what’s wrong or I have no idea what she is talking about. Sometimes I get the feeling that we’re starting in the middle of a conversations. I don’t know what the conversation is about, I don’t know what Mom is talking about. It’s like she starts in the middle of a conversation when our conversation begins.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/722886-Its-Saturday-and-I-feel