*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726090-Fresh-Cherries
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#726090 added June 12, 2011 at 3:25pm
Restrictions: None
Fresh Cherries
Jamál (Beauty), 8 Núr (Light), 168 BE – Sunday, June 12, 2011 about 12:25 PM Pacific Time

On Wednesday, I went to the Farmer’s Market and bough a container of fresh cherries. This is the first time I bought cherries like this; usually I buy cherries in a can or a jar. Today, I cut the cherries up and pitted them. I did this because I want Mom to eat some of them for one of her evening snacks and I do not like giving Mom anything with small seeds in them.

I know I am treating my mother like a child by cutting up and pitting the cherries, but I have no other choice. Mom has Alzheimer’s disease and sometimes she is not as careful as necessary when eating foods with pits and bones in them. Perhaps I am being over protective, but after the incident with the puzzle and the chicken bone, I believe it is necessary.

I have to start checking Mom’s purse everyday to see what she puts inside the compartments. I do not look forward to finding food hidden in her purse. I admit that sometimes I laugh at the stuff she put inside the purse and there are worse things I could find then cherry pits, chicken bones, puzzle pieces, and dried bread.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726090-Fresh-Cherries