*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726946-Day-15-Manuel-Antonio-Beaches-and-sloths
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#726946 added June 23, 2011 at 11:20pm
Restrictions: None
Day 15... Manuel Antonio. Beaches and sloths.
ME:

Got up early. I was the first in line for breakfast. Gallo pinto, pineapple, watermelon, toast, coffee, juice...

I went to the Manuel Antonio National Park. Saw sloths, a huge katydid, green walking stick, iguana, raccoon, lizards, crabs, toucan ...no pizote or monkeys this time; although, I did hear the congos (howler monkeys) when the rain started.

The highlight of the day was a curious three-toed sloth who came down a tree to check us out. We were maybe 8 feet away, so a bunch of us got great photos. Me included.

Otherwise: went to "twin" beaches I didn't get to last time and took the cathedral trail. I got caught in the rain but met up with a couple who lived in Missoula once and they had a car... gave me a lift back to the hostel.

It poured. Street flooding, the real deal. I waited and went to market later.

Bought fish (pargo) and cooked it in orange juice and ate it.

Not feeling too bad at the moment. *Smile*

Drinking games. Card games. Smoking you-know-what. Not me though. I'm trying to catch up with the internet.

Tomorrow I'll be off to Perez Zeledon once more. The writers meet Friday evenings.

It's actually cooler tonight. Last night the heat and humidity bothered me somewhat. I think the rain helps.

Sun. Rain. Heat. Paradise ...or life is a beach ...to some. *Smile*
22,314

© Copyright 2011 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/726946-Day-15-Manuel-Antonio-Beaches-and-sloths