*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728669-Changing-a-negative-attitude-into-a-positive-attitude
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#728669 added July 14, 2011 at 9:46pm
Restrictions: None
Changing a negative attitude into a positive attitude
30-Day blogging challenge Day 14: July 14, 2011 ~ Prompt: “"Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives." - William James - ”

This works because when an individual’s inner attitudes determine the way that person thinks and acts. If you have a negative attitude then you react to every event in your life in a negative way, but a positive attitude determines a positive response. The problem is transforming a negative attitude into a positive attitude.

It takes work to change a negative attitude into a positive attitude. This transformation takes time and requires the individual to look deep into him or herself. It requires the individual to ask, “Why did I react that way?” instead of “Why did you do that to me?” Changes of attitude require knowledge of self. Changes of attitude require an individual to take personal responsibility for his or her beliefs and actions.

Without knowledge of self, a person can never truly succeed at anything. A human being must know his or her own weaknesses and strengths, in order to change a negative attitude into a positive attitude. Once the negative attitude begins to change then the person reacts differently to external stimuli.

“The first Taraz and the first effulgence which hath dawned from the horizon of the Mother Book is that man should know his own self and recognize that which leadeth unto loftiness or lowliness, glory or abasement, wealth or poverty....” Baha'u'llah, Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 34-35

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728669-Changing-a-negative-attitude-into-a-positive-attitude