*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728972-Randomly-Weird-Encounters
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#728972 added July 18, 2011 at 5:08pm
Restrictions: None
Randomly Weird Encounters
30-Day blogging challenge Day 18: July 18, 2011 ~ Prompt: “The title of my blog is "Life is random...and so am I". Write about how you've experienced the randomness of life. It could be any (or all) of the following: A random act or experience A random encounter/meeting with a friend of a friend of a friend (like the Six Degrees of Separation theory) Synchronicity that you've witnessed”

The only random encounters I have experienced recently are those that knock at my front door. I have to admit that some of them lately have been on the weird side. This type of encounter happens periodically or should I should I say randomly every year.

This year, it was three different encounters over a three-week period. The first encounter was with two young women wearing lovely dresses and carrying Christian bibles, both smiled and seemed happy. They wanted to tell me about God, the Mother. Since they wanted to tell me about their religion, I presumed they wanted to hear about mine, so I attempted to tell them about Baha’u’llah.

The second encounter was with a man, a stranger to me. He wanted to barrow $50.00 because his sister had driven his car and was stopped for dunk driving. The police impounded his car was impounded and he needed the money to get his car so he could go to work. He even promised me $250.00 when he got his paycheck. He did not get the money, but it was a pleasant conversation.

The third encounter was a young man, not sure of the age, who wanted me to sell my car to his dad. His father (at least I presume it was his father) was standing on the sidewalk with the mother, who was in a wheel chair. Since there is no “for sale” sign on my car or in the yard, I do not know how he got the idea I would sell my only means of transportation. I have a difficult enough time walking from my car into the grocery store much less walking from my house to the bus stop.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/728972-Randomly-Weird-Encounters