*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729495-Self-Knowledge-and-Journaling
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#729495 added July 23, 2011 at 5:13pm
Restrictions: None
Self-Knowledge and Journaling
30-Day blogging challenge Day 22: July 22, 2011 ~ Prompt:
“If you have nothing else to do,
look at yourself and see if
there isn't something close
at hand that you can improve.
It may make you wealthy,
although it is more likely
it will make you happy.
- George M. Adams -”


Improving yourself, changing something you do not like or learning something new. The best way to improve yourself is journaling and looking at your inner self. To improve yourself, you have change something about yourself you do not like. This means you have to know your own abilities, your own faults and this is a difficult task because most of do not like to admit we have faults, weaknesses, or imperfections. However, the only way to change is to admit the imperfections and attempt to make a change.

One of the ways to find our imperfections is to look at what makes us happy and unhappy. If a situation makes us unhappy, then we have a place to start because somewhere in that unhappiness is a fault that needs changing, a weakness that we can transform into strength. This is where a journal comes in because a journal lets us document the change. It lets us list the moments we overcome the fault or weakness. If one does not know weakness to change, one cannot change.

We can use journal to determine what we could do differently in specific situations. Sometimes we do everything right and the situation still turns out bad and other times emotions cause the situation to turn out bad. That is what a journal can help discover. A journal can help in our journey of spiritual or personal transformation.

Changing our faults means we are on the road to acquiring knowledge of our selves. Once a person begins this journey, then we find success in many areas of life and make ourselves happy.

The first Taraz and the first effulgence which hath dawned from the horizon of the Mother Book is that man should know his own self and recognize that which leadeth unto loftiness or lowliness, glory or abasement, wealth or poverty... Baha'u'llah, Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 34-35

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/729495-Self-Knowledge-and-Journaling