*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731634-A-new-phase-of-life-begins
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#731634 added August 15, 2011 at 10:09pm
Restrictions: None
A new phase of life begins
Kamál (Perfection), 15 Kamál (Perfection), 167 BE – Monday, August 15, 2011 about 7:10 PM Pacific Time

Life is weird. We go through different phases never considering what the next stage will be. When we are young, under twenty, we consider ourselves invincible and immortal. We never think about growing old or dying. Indeed, often times we do not consider the consequences of our actions and bad habits.

Between twenty and thirty, old age and the end of life is still far ahead of us. We are worried about making a living, paying the bills, finding a suitable companion (if we have not found one already). Between thirty and fifty, we begin to realize that some of the bad habits picked up in our youth could have detrimental effects on our health. Sometimes we try the change those bad habits and sometimes we take the elephant in the living room approach, we try to ignore it.

After fifty, we realize that we may be getting old. We look in the mirror and see wrinkles we do not remember seeing the day before. We comb our hair and find gray hairs in the comb. Our knees begin to hurt and our teeth to fall out. We go to a dentist and get a new set of dentures or implants if we can afford them.

However, reality does not hit home until we get that little card in the mail with the Medicare effective date. This is the point that a new phase of life begins. I received my Medicare card today and the effective date is December 1, 2011.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/731634-A-new-phase-of-life-begins