*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735616-I-pick-the-hearing-aids-up-tomorrow
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#735616 added October 2, 2011 at 8:59pm
Restrictions: None
I pick the hearing aids up tomorrow
Jamál (Beauty), 6 Mashíyyat (Will), 167 BE – Sunday, October 2, 2011 about 5:55 PM Pacific Time

I convinced Mom to go to bed. I do not know if she will go to sleep, but she is in bed. It is difficult to for her to hear what I say. I pick the replacement hearing aids up on Monday, October 3. I have the money in the accounts, so I can pick up both hearing aids.

I can only pray that she hangs onto these because I do not think we could afford another pair. The truth is we cannot afford this pair, but there is no choice. Despite what Mom thinks, she cannot hear without them. Even with the hearing aids, I have to sit next to her to talk. Even then, I am not sure how much of what I say she understands.

There is a difference between hearing and understanding. With the hearing aids, I know she hears much of what I say; the problem is how much does she understand and how much of what she understands will she remember.

I miss the woman my mother used to be. I miss the independent woman who was not afraid to walk to work when she did not have a car. I miss the woman who realized she had to give up her driver’s license when she realized she could not see well enough to drive. I am going to close this before I start crying into my keyboard.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/735616-I-pick-the-hearing-aids-up-tomorrow