*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737646-Saturday-in-Las-Vegas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#737646 added October 22, 2011 at 7:06pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday in Las Vegas
It is Saturday, October 22, 2011, and I am at home with Mom. I fed Mom too many vegetables today and it caused some issues this afternoon. I have to remember that Mom is on a low fiber diet and more then one or two servings of vegetables takes her above the 3 grams of fiber limit. Mom gets upset when she has “accidents”, which means she gets angry and stubborn. Then she refuses to get up, so that I can take her to the bathroom.

The problem is that Mom does not understand she cannot help herself. In 2007, a doctor shortened her intestines because of a blockage. The Alzheimer’s disease has caused her to forget she had the operation. I cannot forget the operation because we were sitting in the emergency room from 7:00 PM until 4:00 AM with Mom double over in pain.

I hate emergency rooms. If I have to go to one, then I want someone to call an ambulance because patients who arrive by ambulance get in sooner then those who arrive by car. A person could die in an emergency room waiting to see a doctor. It does not matter how much pain or how old a person is, if the patient arrives by car then it is first come first served.

Anyway, as I was saying before I got on the rant about emergency rooms, I have to be careful about how many servings of vegetables she has in a day. If she has rice with green beans, carrots, and peas then she cannot have any more vegetables that day. Today, she had two dishes with vegetables in them, which is what caused the issue.

For supper she had a serving of rice. If she wants more rice with something else then I will open a can of chicken and warm it up with the rice.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/737646-Saturday-in-Las-Vegas