*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739936-Green-Bean-Salad
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#739936 added November 19, 2011 at 4:02pm
Restrictions: None
Green Bean Salad
Jalál (Glory), 16 Qudrat (Power), 167 BE – Saturday, November 19, 2011 about 1:00 PM Pacific Time

I’m going to try my hand at green bean salad. We have a cupboard full of various types of green beans and I’m tired of rice with green beans. The recipe doesn’t require cream soup of any type. It does call for sour cream, but I can substitute yogurt for the sour cream. I don’t know if the yogurt will cause a better, worse, or just the same reaction as cream soups when Mom eats the salad, but I think yogurt is better for her then sour cream.

I found the recipe online, saved it to a document, and then found instruction for substituting yogurt for sour cream in a cooked recipe. I have to go to the grocery tomorrow for laundry detergent, so I’ll buy the stuff I need for the green bean salad as well. The recipe makes enough for ten people, so I may end up freezing some of the leftover salad. Perhaps I should get a couple of storage containers while I’m at Smith’s tomorrow. I have a coupon for $1.50 off any two Ziploc containers; I’ll add that to my grocery list.

I’m looking forward to making the salad, despite the fact that I’ll have to use the microwave instead of a regular oven. The instructions in the recipe give information on using a regular over not a microwave. I’ll have to watch the casserole close to make sure it’s done properly and not overcooked or undercooked.

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/739936-Green-Bean-Salad