*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741007-A-Letter-to-My-Grandparents
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#741007 added December 3, 2011 at 4:54pm
Restrictions: None
A Letter to My Grandparents
Jalál (Glory), 11 Qawl (Speech), 168 BE – Saturday, December 3, 2011 about 1:55 PM Pacific Time

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

As you know, Mom has Alzheimer’s disease and doesn’t remember that both of you have passed into the next world. She doesn’t remember attending your funerals or that your bodies are buried side-by-side in the cemetery in Blackwell, Oklahoma.

Mom remembers that you lived in Blackwell (at least this week) and she wants us to go back there to visit you. I have told her we can’t go back because of snow and winter storm warnings. The storm that hit California and Nevada is moving east toward Middle America. I explained that I couldn’t drive back, if she asks about taking a airplane then I will tell her it’s too expensive in this economy to fly back to Oklahoma.

Anyway, Mom wants you to know that we are living in Las Vegas, Nevada. At least today, Mom remembers we live in Las Vegas. On Tuesday and Wednesday, she thought I was you, Grandma. Mom wanted to know where you were, Grandpa, so I told her you were working a double shift. That satisfied Mom at the time.

Sometimes, she doesn’t remember who I am. I explain to her I’m her daughter and she looks surprised. She doesn’t get upset when this happens, if she ever gets upset because she doesn’t remember me; I’ll just tell her I got my hair colored or had a make over. That should satisfy Mom for a while.

As you know, I’m not in good health. I have an appointment with my new Doctor on Tuesday, December 6, I’m not sure what the doctor will say. I hope she can tell my why I have such a bad case of psoriasis; however, she will probably send me to a specialist. I’m on Medicare and a member of a Humana Advantage Plan, so a specialist will cost only $25.00 (that’s what is says on my Humana membership card).

Grandma and Grandpa, I’m going to close this and post it to one of my blogs.

With all my love,
Your oldest Granddaughter

© Copyright 2011 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741007-A-Letter-to-My-Grandparents