*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741090-This-ones-about-a-new-member
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#741090 added December 4, 2011 at 11:43pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about a new member.
Well hello there! Seems like I might have to be a little more careful of the things I say and do around this here space (not that I really say or do anything of question, but, you know, just sayin'...). I finally got the lovely justjessica1 to sign up for WDC. She was sitting here last night, telling me she hasn't read this spot in awhile, and then verbally commenting on everything she read while I was trying to type another entry, which she knows annoys the hell outta me (and she's doing it again tonight). Finally I said, "Listen, why don't you sign up for your own account, and leave your comments there? It is free..." and she finally did. Love her to death, and we'll see how often she actually chimes in, but anyway...welcome to WDC, sweetie! *Bigsmile*

CHRISTMAS MUSICAL BREAK!!

So forget the fact that he once wore a shirt that says "Fatty Says Dance", or that I think he's the only male alive that I would ever describe as being sexy. Dude can sing, and he's got moves. If you know me, you already know who I'm talking about. You can get a new version of his 2001 "holiday" album here (and I recommend it highly): http://www.maplemusic.com/product.asp?dept%5Fid=41&pf%5Fid=40%2D75&lang=EN

The song I'm about to post isn't even the best song on it, nor the one I wanted to post. I didn't even want to post this version, but the audiophile in me didn't like the song quality of the live clips (so you'll have to take my word for it re:his moves, if you've never seen him live). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9nAHeRZ7LE

VITAL STATS:

*Candycaner* Wasn't gonna say anything about this, but it's so random that I had to. It reached almost 60 degrees in some parts around here today; very un-Christmas-like for December. I'm not complaining either. I just stepped out on the porch and it's very comfortable out for pajama pants and a hoodie. And that's not my main observation...

I live on a street that's 40 MPH. Cars routinely zip up and down like it's nobody's business. And I don't care. Hell, at least once a day someone flies past me from behind as I'm turning onto the sidestreet that our driveway's located on (because that's what living on a corner does to you).

So as I stepped out into the air, I noticed that while it wasn't raining, it was wet out. Then I saw a van...not a mini-van, but a van...an old-school, almost Econoline kind of van, from the late 80's, driving by very slowly. Thought nothing of it...maybe just some random child molester looking for late-night street vamps or something. But almost 30 seconds later, a semi came from the other direction, driving very slowly. Now that's odd, because there ain't no reason for that. But then, a few seconds later, coming from the opposite-opposite direction, was a cop car. And what's really odd is the cops have no idea what the speed limit is around here, in any kind of weather. So something must be up.

I just checked the Weather Channel app on my phone...50 degrees and light rain at 11:13pm. Question amongst yourselves my point, as I currently have none.

*Candycaner* Just hit over 2,400 views. Thank you...I hope I've done you well.

*Candycaner* Back in the 80's when the Bills were really bad (pre-Super Bowl era), I remember listening to Bills games on a device called a "radio" when the games weren't allowed to be shown on TV. And today I had to do something that I hadn't done since I was without a working tv at the ol' 542. I had to listen to the Bills game on a "radio" station. How did people in the 40's and 50's listen to the radio? Did they just look at it, expecting what they were hearing to just jump out and act in front of them? Radios were a lot bigger back then too. This "radio" stuff...how did people entertain themselves without the internet and Facebook and Twitter? Did they dial their friends on their rotary phones with 5-digit phone numbers, asking, "Did you just hear that? That was amazing!"?? Ohhhh me, why tell one friend when you can tell the world? *Smirk*

*Candycaner* I will want to do nothing tomorrow, except update this with another fancy Xmas song that you've probably never heard. Only, I'll have things to do. Clean up a little, maybe get my computer chair replaced, maybe a shave and a haircut which will lead to a shower, and then have Jess the CWC's justjessica1's dad over for a fancy dinner that I can already smell being prepared. That woman knows how to cook, and mah bellay can prove it.

That's all I've got for you tonight...you're a trooper if you've made it this far, because frankly, I'm bored by this entry. So to spice it up before I go, there's a concert going on about an hour and a half from here. My friends couldn't go, I wanted to, and it's their last local appearance because they're breaking up. I saw them a little while back when they played their breakthrough album in my town from front to back, and it was awesome (VIP service does make life at concerts a little more manageable). My cousin is actually at the ahow and facebooked me to ask if I was going. I said I wasn't, but if she would've let me tag along I totally would've. I hope she has a great time...there's a clip at the end of one of their older songs, one that got me into them... I still rock one of their t-shirts that says "I don't want to feel this way forever". GOODNIGHT NOW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-cepZ6K7mY

© Copyright 2011 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741090-This-ones-about-a-new-member