*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741093-Luke-128
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#741093 added December 5, 2011 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
Luke 1:28
** Image ID #1638925 Unavailable **












And the angel came in unto her, and said 'Hail! Thou that art highly favored, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women."





Luke 1:28 (KJV)






I wonder what Mary was feeling, doing just moments before the angel showed up in her home. Was she praying, had she fought with her mom, or maybe her little brothers and sisters were getting on her nerves?  Maybe Mary was dreaming over her sewing, thinking about a certain young man named Joseph. After all she was planning a wedding.





“Hail!” just like that. It used to be a greeting like hello or hey. Hard to imagine but angel used an ordinary word. We turned it into part of a prayer.


What would I do if an angel said to “Hey!” to me?  I hope I have the spiritual eyes to recognize him. Also I would like to discern what kind of angel it is. We all know that Lucifer can masquerade as an angel of light. When it’s all said and done, I would be disbelieving, flattered, humbled, and awed.





And yet all I have to read really read and feel and ponder these words:





And God so love the world that He sent His one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 and I can find those same feelings.





No angel required








Lani

© Copyright 2011 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741093-Luke-128