*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741396-Luke-131
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#741396 added December 9, 2011 at 11:33am
Restrictions: None
Luke 1:31
** Image ID #1831170 Unavailable **



And, behold! Thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shall call his name Jesus.'"





Isaiah 7:14


Luke 1:31





Bud talks about these verses in his entry as good news/bad news situation.





“Guess what Mary! You are favored by God and the Messiah is coming and guess who is going to carry him? That’s right! You, a virgin, young woman will have to explain to her parents and fiancĂ© that she is pregnant. And what about the village? Oh yes it’s going to be a good time.”





Okay that was a little sarcastic but true. Sometimes it’s better to smile to keep from crying.





Bud also asks about the good news/bad news situations in our own lives. That’s very easy. My hubby and I have played this scene many times.





Hubby: “Hi Honey


I’ve got good news and bad news. Which do you want first?”


Me: “Just tell me.”


Hubby: “Pick”


Me: sigh “The bad news”


Hubby: “I’m going on the road for 3 months.”


Me: “Again?! What’s the good news?”


Hubby: “ I still have a job and with overtime and bonuses, we can pay for the new roof.”


Me:"#%##$!"








When dear hubby was in the military and then the reserves, this scene had more anxiety. Now with his jobs since, it’s been even more travel. I’m glad he has a job in this rocky economy. It’s just hard to go it alone. Companionship is one of the reasons I got married. Hubby and I joke of the 15yrs we’ve been married only half of them have been in the same zip code.








Of course this could be God’s way of asking me lean on Him. Good news. I just wish I had seen that sooner.









Lani

© Copyright 2011 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/741396-Luke-131