*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745748-Jan-27-----Character-rents-a-room---geographic-setting
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#745748 added January 27, 2012 at 9:44pm
Restrictions: None
Jan 27 --- Character rents a room - geographic setting
Day 27: January 27, 2012 ~ 30-day Blog Challenge serial prompt is Character rents a room. Provide geographic setting, please.


Andrea arrives in Las Vegas, Nevada Paradise Township


“Keep the change,” Andrea as she handed the driver forty dollars. Then she studied the Champaign colored ranch style house in one of the older Las Vegas residential neighborhoods.

“Thank you,” he opened the trunk, got out of the cab, walked around to passage side and opened the back door. Andrea watched as he removed her suitcase. He followed her up to the door and sat her luggage down. “Is there anything else I can do for you, Miss?”

“No thank,” she watched him walk back to the cab. She rang the doorbell, and then glanced around the yard. It, like the surround houses had an oak tree growing in the middle of the yard.

“Andrea Jenson, I presume,” a gray haired grandmotherly looking woman opened the door.

“Yes. You are Mrs. Mason?”

“Of course,” she smiled at the perplexed look on Andrea face. “You thought I would be younger, didn’t you?”

“Well... yes. You sounded younger over the phone.”

“You spoke to my daughter-in-law; she fields all the prospective tenants. Please, come in and I’ll show you around our little piece of Paradise.”

“Paradise?” Andrea picked up her suitcase and entered the Champaign colored ranch style home. “I thought this was Las Vegas, Nevada.”

“The city is Las Vegas, but we live in Paradise Township.” Mrs. Mason led Andrea to a closed door across from a large bathroom with a walk in shower.

“This is your room,” Mrs. Mason turned the handle on the door.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/745748-Jan-27-----Character-rents-a-room---geographic-setting