*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746988-Jeffry-confronts-Red
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#746988 added February 13, 2012 at 3:46pm
Restrictions: None
Jeffry confronts Red
February 12, 2012 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is Tragedy or near tragedy befalls for (?) from character list


Red guided his vintage 1934 Harley-Davidson through the alley behind the Fisherman’s Hut and stopped it at the backdoor. Getting off, he removed his helmet and hung it on the handlebars. Then he removed a helmet from one of the saddlebags and placed it on the bitch seat.

“So,” said Jeffry stepping from the shadow of the dumpster, “you’re waiting for Lydia, I presume.”

“Yes,” he frowned, “tomorrow’s Valentines’ Day and neither of us wants to be alone.”

“Going to make a night of it?”

“Don’t know, Jeffry,” Red’s frown turned to a smile, “that’s up to the lady.”

“Red,” Jeffry walked closer to his brother-in-law, “about Lydia’s introduction...”

“You mean the part about you being Corrine’s husband?”

“Yah, you ain’t going to tell her about Anna, are you?”

“Jeffry, the only one of your wives I’m discussing this with is my sister, as for the rest...”

Jeffry pulled a “Saturday night special” from his pocket and shot Red, who fell to the alley. Tossing the gun into the dumpster, Jeffry entered the Fisherman’s Hut through the backdoor. A few minutes later, Lydia came out.

“Red,” she said as he pulled himself up from the ground. “Are you all right?”

“Yes, Jeffry tried to kill me.” He stopped her as she took her cell phone from her apron pocket. “Don’t call 911, I’ll survive. This new bullet proof vest I’m wearing protects, even at point blank range, but I can’t steer the cycle.”

“I can drive the Harley,” she smiled, “got my motorcycle license before I could drive a car. I’ll take you to the hospital.”

“No,” he winced, “I don’t want Jeffry to know I’m still alive; at least, not until tomorrow afternoon.”

“My place then,” she took the helmet off the handlebars and helped Red put it on and then she took the other for herself. “You don’t mind riding on the ‘bitch seat’ do you?”

“It won’t be the first time.”

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/746988-Jeffry-confronts-Red