*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748827-All-Worldwide-issues-are-interconnected
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#748827 added March 12, 2012 at 9:30pm
Restrictions: None
All Worldwide issues are interconnected
March 12, 2012, Monday, Day 12 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is Write 200 Words on a World-Wide Issue.


There are so many worldwide issues confronting humanity in the 21st Century. Most of these issues have spilled over from the 20th Century. The issues confronting us (humanity) seem to increase with the passage of time. Some of these issues are environmental, hunger, health, economic, war, etc. All of these issues, in my opinion, come down to one thing and the lack of unity among the components of the human race.

Humanity is a single species. We, the components of this species, are members of different religions. We live in different nations. We have different skin colors, eye colors, hair colors, etc. We are either male or female. However, we are all the members of a single species and live on the surface of a single planet.

We are the members of a single species in the process of social evolution or change. The human race is moving toward a world culture. The problems confronting us today is the result of process of change. We cannot stop this change, but we can slow it. We slow it by continuing to do “business as usual” and ignore the fact that humanity effects the environment of Earth by its mere presence on the planet. In fact, we affect every issue confronting us by the way we think and live our lives.

The way we live our lives is the actions that results from the way we think. We have to change the actions that encourage hate and hunger. We have to change the actions that encourage waste and extremes of wealth and poverty. The problems confronting humanity in the 21st century are as interconnected as the human species itself. These problems will continue until we accept the interconnection or unity of the human species and begin working on them together.

Word count: 298

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/748827-All-Worldwide-issues-are-interconnected