*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751241-Tests-difficulties-and-a-slow-computer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#751241 added April 18, 2012 at 10:45pm
Restrictions: None
Tests, difficulties, and a slow computer
Wednesday, April 18, 2012, Wednesday, Day 18 ~ 30-Day Blogging Challenge prompt is "What things have you experienced to help build your character to what it is today?"


"What things have you experienced to help build your character to what it is today?" Tests and difficulties, I am not talking about the types of tests I encountered in school. Compared to the tests I encounter in everyday life, the tests encountered in school are a piece of cake.

I thought my life was complicated in grade school, junior high (middle school), and high school. I was wrong! My life was simple and easy in those days. I did not encounter the life altering or spirit altering issues until I got out in the “real world”. Most of the tests I have encountered can be traced back to trust issues and patience.

Due to certain events in my childhood, I have trust issues. These “trust issues” effect me when it comes to dealing with events that are not under my control. I know at these times I need to place the situation in God’s hands and I do; the problems arise when I want to take the situation out of God’s hands and worry about it. The problem is that when I worry, I obsess and when I obsess, I do not get anything else accomplished. I am getting to the point that I can place the situation in God’s hands and leave it there, but it is hard. I have encountered many tests and difficulties over this issue.

Then there is patience. I used to think I was patience. I still may be patience when it comes to dealing with human beings; there are exceptions of course, but in most cases, I am extremely patient when dealing with human beings and other living things. The item that tests my patience the most is a slow computer. I am not talking about responses in seconds. I am referring to response times of minutes and messages such as “not responding” and “Page(s) Unresponsive”.

I am learning to deal with the computer issues. I no longer want to put my fist through the monitor or cry into my keyboard. I would like to have a new computer and printer that will print more then one page at a time without jamming, but these too shall come. All I have to do is be patient and find the money somewhere. In the mean time, I have coffee and hot chocolate mix; if the computer gets too slow I can make myself a mug of café mocha.

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/751241-Tests-difficulties-and-a-slow-computer