*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752045-This-ones-about-to-be-colored-blue
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#752045 added April 30, 2012 at 9:00pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about to be colored blue.
THE PROMPT: "Tell us about your journey thru the last 30 Days blogging. What did you think of the challenge this month? Any suggestions for future challenges? Tell us what you liked and what you didn't like."

Good evening friends, family members, WDC crew and random strangers! What is up?? I've got a full belly and a cold beverage, I'm sunk into the heated massage chair, I'm bangin' out words on the Toshiba laptop, and I'm gonna share some of those words about the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS with you right now.

This isn't my first rodeo...I entered in September and took home the virtual trophy. I came back and entered a few more times as well, with what I thought were even better results, but to no avail (and no hard feelings). I've seen this challenge at its peak, and I've seen it go through some rough spots as well. I want to first thank 30DBC Creator/Founder and Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST for their time and efforts in bringing the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS back to its respectible and credible standards. They've done a fine job and deserve the bloglove swag.

It's been one hell of a fun month over here, even if it may not have been my best work. I've had the great courtesy of reading a lot of interesting people's work. I feel a stronger sense of connection with this group than I've had with maybe any other group I've been involved with. I have to say that this is because of the "comment" stipulation presented for this round and going further...it's a simple equation: More Comments = More Interaction = Better Blog Entries. I fully, completely believe that. To me, it means I can just write. And sure, I'll still piss people off or say things they don't or won't understand, but it's so much more gratifying to know that there are some who do, and I don't have to worry as much about thinking, "Well, gee, maybe so-snd-so is going to be offended or isn't going to like it or me anymore because this is what I had to say". Nope...knowing that there are people out there that not only read this everyday because they have to, but because they want to, is the ultimate prize in itself. Yeah, it's one thing to see how much my view count goes up from day to day, but it's entirely another when you go on Facebook and an old friend or an ex-coworker or friends of friends of friends say to you "Oh, I love reading your blog" or anything else like that. No GP's, no merit badges, no ribbons or trophies can supply that. And that's not why I do this; not to win. I'm here for the people that came to see me, and I'm here because there's people I've met over my time here that I love to read.

What don't I like? Well, let me dance around that by asking, "What would I change?" Y'all know I've made it no secret that I despise don't care for the "serial prompts", whether in story form or as a real-life experience. I mean, when people are almost dying or having these mysterious occurrences or joining a writing contest, and the best I can come up with is getting arrested and spending a few hours in jail? That's time I could be spending writing something of more worth, in my opinion. How would I change that? I don't know. I just don't feel comfortable saying any idea I have might work, just because I know it'd work for me. That part of the challenge isn't about just me.

But I have to give credit where credit is due to Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST , for his impeccable ability to adapt and change on the fly. The Friday/Saturday "How was your day" combo was getting kind of tired, and the institution of "Fun Friday" was a much better way to go. That's leadership at work.

All in all, I'm pleased with this month's "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. From the way it was ran to the fabulous crew of challengers we had, I'm excited for more. I think everyone did a great job this month, and like Brother Nature said to Bonnie14222 , "Everyone put some incredible entries out there. I kind of feel sorry for the judges." I couldn't agree more. They've got a tough job up ahead of them. Good luck to everyone in it this month...it's been a great time, I've met some wonderful people, and there's no clear-cut winner, which to me makes it all the more exciting.

Oh, and to whomever is responsible for judging May's "Follow Me Blogging" edition of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, I'll take a men's medium. *Laugh* *Smirk*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

That's it for April. It's been real. Stand up and give yourselves a hand. "Either it'll move me, or it'll move right through me."



Quite the performance...that right there about sums up the month for *Pointright*thisguy*Pointleft*.

VITAL STATS:

*Hourglass* Finally, after all the times I've entered this, a legit blue month!! *Delight*

*Pencil* So, I'm all set for May's edition of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, but I'm not understanding the format quite right yet. Any thoughts?

*Shock* From the "Scared The Shit Outta Ya, Didn't I?" file: justjessica1 was sittin' in her chair about to watch one of them movies that play on a little disc-thing just after dinner. I came over to stand behind her chair and it caught my eye. I left briefly to go to the bathroom and when I came back I realized she was watching the previews for the movie The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock. A part is shown where she's in a bad neighborhood, confronting a large group of thug lookin' dudes. She threatens them over their part in attempting to lead the young man she's taken in's life astray, and in the following silence I said, "'TIL THE GAT STARTS SPRAYIN'!!" at the tv. Jess screamed and jumped...I didn't realize that she knew I left the room but didn't know I'd returned. I scored myself quite the chuckle out of that.

And so goes another month of this. Good times, good times. Peace, love and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752045-This-ones-about-to-be-colored-blue