*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752579-Justice-Not-likely-in-this-world
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#752579 added May 9, 2012 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Justice? Not likely in this world.
I told Shelly (edited):

Justice? Not likely in this world.

I think of all the young men charged with DWB (driving while black). In the Afro-American community there is Justice and just us. Anger? Sure. But some folks get beyond that because they have a life to lead and anger isn't going to help unless it leads to some positive action.

Black folks live behind those bars (institutions, neighborhoods, communities) not always by choice. White folks tend to live in front of them. Green folks (the wealthy) do as they please with few repercussions. But... unless you can change this... let go, breathe and live... preferably with joy! *Heart*


I do get worked-up. Not good for my heart. Some of it may be due to the multiple head concussions (4 in the same place) so I need to let the moment pass and hope I haven't done too much damage. In Costa Rica it is very bad manners to get mad and show it.

Justice is an issue that isn't black and white. There is usually another way of looking at things. Programs like House and CSI and Law&Order demonstrate how first impressions aren't always the right one and even if they are there are more underlying human stories than illness and crime.

I really like "Once upon a time" as it twists my mind. How it takes the simplistic good and evil of fairy-tales and fleshes them out with the untold stories we never read about. Gotta love the Queen/Mayor! She's showing some heart.

ME:

Haven't accomplished anything yet as I got up after 8 (late). As long as I don't sit at home and do nothing... If I recheck my list of things to do or plan my trip, I'll be fine. There is Thursday and Friday and Hysteria-Day and Basket-case Day. Then I'm on the plane and at that point it won't matter. *Bigsmile*

Norway will be there regardless. Forecast for Bergen: 55º, for Sogndal: 49º. I'm packing my orange and maroon cashmere turtleneck (Salvation Army dumpster for free).
29,675

© Copyright 2012 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/752579-Justice-Not-likely-in-this-world