*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754185-This-ones-about-the-haters
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#754185 added June 5, 2012 at 12:15pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the haters.
THE PROMPT: "Sweet or sour, is there, or has there been a certain someone in your life who has left a deep impression on you, for however long or brief a time? Friend? Arch-nemesis? Sibling? Mentor? (Parents don't count by the way!)"

Good morning fine purveyors of internet literature. On my path and in my travels I've met many people along the way. Some worked for the forces of good, and some were on the dark side. And that's cool; to each their own. My mission was (and is) simple; just being the best me I could and can be. Sometimes that runs afoul of society's norms. Well, to me, society can be a big McDonalds Happyland Play Place. And sometimes, society needs to get over its damn self.

I could tell you all about my boys, DMFM and Adam, whom I've referenced in this spot before, and how they shaped who I am in many different ways (since we're not to talk about parents, who did little but offer bad genetics). But really, there's a certain segment of folks out there that I like to refer to as "haters", and their influence has been profound.

Haters are always gonna hate; it's what they do and it's in their nature. But it doesn't stop me...it motivates me. So I don't dress like you or act like you or listen to the same music as you, you're gonna hate on me for that? Bitches please...I've got better things to waste a good worry on. It keeps me grounded in who I am, and I'm happy with that guy. I don't need to be somebody else because that's what people want to see. I'll just be me, thank you...open, encouraging, loving, thoughful and thought-provoking. And if that's not acceptable, then we'll just agree to disagree and part ways, no questions asked and no love lost.

I've come to find that Haters hate because they're insecure in their own lives. They're not happy, and when they see someone who is, they want to shut that down so they can feel better about themselves. Well, this cat has none of it. And if a Hater can't engage me in an intelligent conversation about their views, their fate is sealed. Don't come to a gunfight with a knife, because I'll own ya. And that's my word. You'll think twice about talkin' about how silly and stupid my hat looks. *Smirk*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Big rumor today about some concert information!! I don't even know when the last time this band came here, but I saw this on Facebook and now I'm speculating but the excitement is frantic:

"James has a concert anouncement at noon...get your hash pipes ready!" I do not own a hash pipe, but if this band is coming, there is no stopping me from going.



VITAL STATS:

*Cart* Tuesday. I've had three days off, and I hate working the night shift. I don't want to go. I really don't want to go. I am in need of a full-on vacation. For reals, playas.

And that being said, I'm out. I need to decide what I'm gonna do. Nap, mainline coffee, or something else. Stay cool, peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754185-This-ones-about-the-haters