*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754276-This-ones-about-the-beauty
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#754276 added June 6, 2012 at 5:07pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the beauty.
THE PROMPT: "What is the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? This could be a moment, a place, a movie scene - - Talk about something that has inspired you."

Good afternoon everyone...wow, this prompt is kinda tough for me. I've seen a lot of beauty, and I've seen a lot of ugly too during my run on the greatest planet in the galaxy. Are you surprised I already have a song in my head for this entry, before I even have an entry? *Rolleyes*

I've been a lot of places. I've met a lot of people. But there's one thing, in the short study of my imagination, that stands out as the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. That would be the innocence of youth. From seeing the satisfaction on their faces whenever they do something cute, or the way they laugh at the silliest things, nothing's more beautiful than watching a child who's happy and enamored with what he/she is doing. The days when there's not a care in the world, or when all they need to do is set up shop in front of the tv with a coloring book or a few toys, before they're old enough to realize completely what's going on around them...that's the beauty of children.

I do not have this fortune regularly. Hardly ever, in fact, which is maybe why I enjoy it so much. I also know that for every moment a little kid is chillin' and behavin' and lovin' life, they're giving their parents three times as much Hell when I'm not around. And like all else, as time goes by, beauty fades. Kids grow up. They become teenagers. They become aware of what's around them and how to use it toward their advantage. They have friends who fill their heads with ideas contrary to what you've spent years trying to teach. And maybe, just maybe, they become politicians. *Smirk*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Yes, yes there is.



VITAL STATS:

*Drbag* Well, spent the morning and part of the afternoon at the hospital after skipping work with chest pains, palpitations and shortness of breath. I took an aspirin and a long nap, and felt a little better when I woke up, but not 100%, so I made the decision to get checked out today. High blood pressure, had the EKG, that turned out fine, slightly lower blood pressure, so off the meds I go. We'll see in three weeks how that'll work out.

And that's enough for the day...I'm off to relax a little. Hafta get up early to take justjessica1 to the airport so I can pretty much have the house to myself so she can see her folks in Miami for the weekend. She can use the break. I could too, but I'm not flyin' anytime soon. Not really for me, no thanks. Anyway, hope your end of the world is pretty awesome...peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/754276-This-ones-about-the-beauty