*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756449-Just-like-a-child-----or-a-man--no-offense
Rated: 13+ · Book · Animal · #1875812
A blog on the adventures my son's dog is taking me on while he is away for a month.
#756449 added July 10, 2012 at 5:27pm
Restrictions: None
Just like a child . . . . or a man! (no offense)
July 9th:

So in my last blog I bragged about Betty, even admitted to "loving" her. Well, apparently she's part human. It never fails, when i brag to much on Reese or a student - sure enough they go and do something stupid or obnoxious and I know it's not but it seems like they do it just to prove me wrong about them! Well, HEEEEELLLLLOOOOOO BETTTTTTYYYYY!

Our WALK? complete utter experience from hell disaster -- I'm sorry it's not more descriptive - i'm not sure words exist for it. There was the normal yanking my shoulder out of socket and wrapping the leash around my unstable legs and deciding walking in the middle of the street sounded like fun while cars approached. Okay, so i was happy, but hey I'm getting used to dealing with that stuff. But when we turned the corner - holy hat in a handbag!

An older lady and a miniature version of a dog are walking toward us. Remember, Betty is a sweetheart (nice to babies, never bites) - well apparently the spirit of Cujo lives somewhere in her. I don't know that she would have really attacked the wanna-be-dog, but she put on a good enough show that by the time we got passed them all of us except Betty were about to cry. Me - mainly out of embarrassment and plain pissed-off-ness and the fact that my hand was killing me from wrapping the leash cord around it to pull her closer to me. The burn of that mixed in with the sweat from walking in Oklahoma humidity was a little less than pleasant.

And what does dear Betty do? Looks up at me with her tongue hanging out, smiling as if to say, "Did you see that? Wasn't I amazing?"

i refrained from saying, "you bitch" outloud.

So i know you all hate me now, because I've spoken ill of the perfection of "BETTY". But honestly, if you had seen the fear in that poor woman's face. arggggghhhh.

July 10th:

So, I'm not angry or put out anymore. I bought Betty some new treats and had a talk with her. I had reese talk to her on the phone about behaving too.

I mean i know she's just a dog, but when you act like a person some of the time, well, you raise the expectations some. I think I'll write a quick song/poem about her or for her: (bear with me because I''m making it up as I type - no critiques - i'm emotional lol)

Betty, oh Betty, Reese loves you so.
How you'll act, I never know.

You hog the bed,
and wake me up by licking my head.

You can be rotten and you can be sweet,
When you are the latter, you get a treat.

You look at me with eyes big and brown,
It makes it terribly hard to frown.

Reese is gone,
but not for long.

Come kiss my cheek,
He'll be home in a week!

(THANK GOODNESS)

Audra and the Betster








** Image ID #1529452 Unavailable **




© Copyright 2012 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756449-Just-like-a-child-----or-a-man--no-offense