*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756632-The-Dog-Days-of-Summer
Rated: 13+ · Book · Animal · #1875812
A blog on the adventures my son's dog is taking me on while he is away for a month.
#756632 added July 13, 2012 at 7:48pm
Restrictions: None
The Dog Days of Summer
July 11th - 13th:

Betty and I have been kind of blue this week. We miss our Boo (my nickname for Reese). He's having a great time though, which is wonderful to hear. He camped out at Lake Superior and took a 2 hour boat tour among other things.

We've got about a week to go depending on when he is able to jump seat on a flight. I know the best thing to do is stay busy, but with this heat sometimes it's difficult.

I did feel bad for Betty the other day. I was going out to mow the lawn, and i put on my headphones. I guess she's smarted than I thought. She saw this and started jumping around. It took me a minute, but I realized she thought we were going for another walk because that's always the last thing I do before we leave.

I think tina, our cat, is even feeling a little sorry that betty is sad. usually, betty tries to play with her and tina either bats her or ignores her. When I awoke this morning, tina was laying next to betty with her paw on Betty's ear. Comfort? I think so - or either she was planning a sneak attack.

Please send happy thoughts our way so we get out of this funk.

Smiles and hugs,
Audra and Betty

** Image ID #1529452 Unavailable **




© Copyright 2012 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756632-The-Dog-Days-of-Summer