*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758515-This-ones-about-time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#758515 added August 13, 2012 at 6:45pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about time.
What's up everybody? I figured I'd check in and say hey, since it's been awhile.

May as well, since I'm back in the motel...only this room doesn't have a microwave. So I let the shower get hot, and I'm using that water to heat up my Velveeta shells and cheese cup for a nice lunch. I'm letting the sun do its thing before I apply the processed cheese sauce. Then maybe I'll hit the pavement again just to kill the boredom.

It's been eventful the last few weeks. I ran out of funds and finally made it to the homeless shelter. The City Mission. Not a fun place, but it got me closer downtown to where I needed to be as far as obtaining emergency benefits. Three hots and a cot are better than sleeping under the Transit Road railroad bridges, I guess.

But damn, what a bunch of assholes at the mission. No, I don't have an identification badge! You didn't give me one! Yes, I'll be going to the Rath Building, and that might take all day! So no, I can't meet with the pastor. Oh, you'll reschedule him for 2pm? I can be back for that...and then I'll get a bed? Great. Cuz these giant fans are keeping me up, and the yahoos on each side of me have fallen asleep with their music on repeat and really loud.

So between the last few nights stressing where I might end up while at the motel, and two nights on the cot at the Mission, I basically didn't sleep for five days. Finally I was ready to get my "intake" at the Mission...and I had a seizure. Fantastic. Off to the hospital again I go. Did I mention I missed breakfast that morning? I'm sure that played a part in it.

So I went through another detox at ECMC, even though I haven't had a drop of booze in awhile. The humiliation and whatnot. Unbelievable. Like I haven't been through enough lately. What have I learned? Valium is amazing!!

I've noticed that while I haven't been very active in Blogville lately, this blog has surpassed not only my previous blog's views, but it's crushed the 10k mark. You people don't even know what that means to me. I'm humbled by the love.

I also decided last night to carve a pretty diabolical fu-manchu into my facial hair. Why? Because I can. When there's little else to live for and you have mammoth facial hair, you rock it any way you want. Now if you'll excuse me, I think the sun has warmed my Velveeta cup up enough, so I'm gonna eat that, hit the shower, wander around the community for awhile, miss hard on my past life, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758515-This-ones-about-time