*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758794-This-ones-about-Bob-Dylan
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#758794 added August 17, 2012 at 9:38am
Restrictions: None
This one's about Bob Dylan.
What's the good word out there, people? I'm gonna take a break from the depression that my life has turned into. While yes, I have yesterday's Buffalo News open in front of me on the obituary page, I've also done some other reading.

Back in the early days of this website (before blogs and before it was known as WDC) I posted my youthful poetry as a means to see what it was worth and where it stood in a literary world. It was well-received, and cemented my long-standing relationship with this site. More than a few compared that now-deleted poetry to one Bob Dylan. I had no frame of reference, as I was not into his music other than what had played on the classic rock station I would listen to on my walkman during bus rides my one year of college.

{Sidenote: Yes, this entry is about writing.}

Years later, I found myself with an iPod and an insatiable desire to fill it with music. I delved into the wonderful world of Bob Dylan, as a result of numerous comparisons. I stocked up on Dylan, old and new.

Fast-forward to today. Bob's got a new album coming out on Sept. 11th. He did an exclusive interview with Rolling Stone magazine. Since I'm pounding this out from Blackberry Central, I can't share the link, but I can leave you with a quote: "A songwriter doesn't care about what's truthful. What he cares about is what should've happened, what could've happened. That's its own kind of truth. It's like people who read Shakespeare plays, but they never see a Shakespeare play. I think they just use his name."

I'll leave you with that to chew on. I've been doing some writing lately that resembles my teenage poetry, yet informed by my older self. I'm not so proud of it yet that I'd consider posting it on WDC, but hell, I'm writing again. And not just in a blog, but old-school in a notebook.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna take a nap and see what the day brings. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758794-This-ones-about-Bob-Dylan