*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758944-This-ones-about-lunch-and-thats-it
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#758944 added August 19, 2012 at 4:02pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about lunch and that's it.
Happy Sunday from Blackberry Central, friends...maybe I should fire up the laptop again one of these days to see if the wi-fi works on this side of the bunker I'm currently huddling in, but that requires a little effort and for God's sake it's Sunday...nothing should require effort on a Sunday!

That said, my room right now has the amazing smell of a half of a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich, and if you know anything about me, you'll know that I love well, but nothing quite as much as grilled cheese. I went to a local, legendary chicken wing joint called Duff's, because I specifically love their grilled cheese. Yes, I'm that guy that goes to the wing joint and doesn't just order wings.

Now normally, I would have no problem trekking out into the big, bad world all alone for a cuisinary delight, but today was different. I had the good fortune of sharing a meal with a very beautiful woman *Smile*. She lived in my neighborhood growing up, and our moms were friends when we were in, like, elementary school. We hadn't seen each other in years, but connected through the magic of Facebook and the combination of relationship troubles, so we thought it'd be fun to sit and talk and swap stories of broken-heartedness.

I'm not going to lie; I had a great time. And I'm not going to limit or label it as anything but what it was: two people going out for lunch and talking. I'm not going to call it anything more than that. I could go crazy in my head analyzing and overanalyzing everything, but I'm not gonna let myself get there. Will I reach out and see if she'd like to do it again someday? Sure. Will I be more open to pushing things a little further in the future? Perhaps, if there is mutual interest. But not today...not the time or place. I'm not even in a place where I'd consider myself dateable, and she's not in that place as much either. There was no hand-holding or kissing. Just warm wishes and some hugs. I can handle that right now.

Now, I can't speak for anyone else or promise anything. I don't even know what the next week has in store for me. But if I can offer you any piece of advice, it'd be this: Gentlemen, if you're single and a gorgeous woman says she'd like to have lunch with you, under no circumstances do you turn her down. Like I said, I have no expectations...but this day and age, anything's possible. Three months ago I thought I was going to be spending the rest of my life with someone, and now that someone can't even return a single text message or have a meaningful conversation like an adult. So you see, things can change. I'm grateful just for the opportunity and the time spent. And if nothing comes of it, so be it. Because I'll never find a shortage of quality grilled cheese sandwiches, but you never know when the pretty ladies are gonna stop showing you a little attention here and there.

So that's all I've got for you guys today. Get a grilled cheese and a smile. Peace, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2012 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758944-This-ones-about-lunch-and-thats-it