*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/763932-Midweek-Reflections-on-hot-water-heaters
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#763932 added October 24, 2012 at 3:27pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on hot water heaters
A hot water heater is a technological object and as such it is intended to eventually wear out or breakdown. That is the nature of the beast. The water heater that I have to replace was installed in 1993 a year or so after we moved in, so it had a nice long life and it served us well. The problem I have is when this one broke down and began to leak because it did so at an inconvenient time. All though, I suppose when any piece of equipment breaks down it is at an inconvenient time.

All right, I am being or at least attempting to be philosophical about this situation with the water heater. It will not cost me anything for the water heater itself. The cost to me is to have everything brought up to code. I do not know how much a protective cover for the power line or a cutoff switch will cost; I do know how much it will cost to put in earthquake straps and the other stuff the plumber listed on the invoice. I can raise the money for that stuff, it is the power cutoff and protective cover that is worrying me; all though, I suspect those items will be less then what the electrician will charge to install them.

Hot water is necessary. I know I would not like to heat water on a wood burning stove to wash dishes, wash clothes, or take a bath. I will admit that I am spoiled by technology. I like having easy access to necessities, such as hot water when I turn on a facet. In addition, I do not enjoy soaking off the floor with newspapers, sheets, and towels water because the old hot water heater is still draining.

I know there has to be a lesson in this somewhere, I am just too close to the situation to see the lesson.





© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/763932-Midweek-Reflections-on-hot-water-heaters