*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764152-Friday-Afternoon-and-Im-tired
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#764152 added October 26, 2012 at 5:51pm
Restrictions: None
Friday Afternoon and I'm tired
It's Friday afternoon. It's the last Friday in October, so this is the day the citizen of Nevada celebrate Nevada Day, so that they can take a three day holiday. I would love a three day holiday because I'm tired. I'm wore out, but I'm not going to get any type of holiday this year; three days or otherwise.

It's Friday afternoon and I'm tired. I have assignments to catch up for "October Novel Prep Challenge [13+]. I have more laundry to do. I have Mom home all weekend. I doubt I will get much rest because between writing, doing laundry, and taking care of Mom I have dishes to wash, while I am doing all this I have to step over the garden hose every time I walk through the kitchen.

The garden hose is connected to my hot water tank because I'm draining the water, which was leaking onto my living room floor. Since I don't want to soak up any more water off the floor the hose will remain where it is until I'm sure that the tank is completely drained. I tried draining it into the kitchen sink, but it didn't work because under normal conditions water doesn't run up hill.

Since I'm draining the water into the back yard, it means leaving the patio sliding glass doors open enough to let the hose through. The patio doors remain slightly open, so can't turn on the alarm system if I leave the house. I'm staying home all weekend and don't have to have the alarm system on when I'm home, but I can't lock the patio doors at night. I suspect this will mean less sleep for me because I will want to check every noise I hear in the back yard. Not that I get a lot of sleep anyway.

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764152-Friday-Afternoon-and-Im-tired