*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765508-The-Sorting-Orac---in-a-Harry-Potter-alternative-universe
by ~MM~
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fanfiction · #1902844
Shelf space for Blake's 7 fanfic
#765508 added November 10, 2012 at 7:44pm
Restrictions: None
The Sorting Orac - in a Harry Potter alternative universe
Avon bit back a smirk, finally a computer that behaved as it should; the sharp-faced federation officer had scarcely attached the electrodes to his temples before the Origin, Redirection and Assimilation Computer had flashed up its answer.  Not quite managing to control the swagger in his step, Avon, Kerr, sauntered over to Avalon, Sera who was already leaning against the shuttle for the fast-track students.  A huge S blazed across the shuttle, emblem of the college they would be attending. 


Behind him, Avon heard Blake, Roj being sent to the military camp shuttle.  He grimaced; the Gryffindor College was supposedly pretty grim – attributes like self-sacrifice and bravery were required, intelligence, however, was not typically demanded of.  Although the old medic, what was his name again?  Bellfriar?  He’d gone through military (and not Medi-Core as expected) and he was rumoured to be smarter than Egorian the mathematician. 





Arcos became the first Hufflepuff; the slow school they called it.  Full of deltas and gammas who couldn’t do any better.  Some of the really dull betas got thrown there too.  To Avon’s surprise the big one (Gan, Olag) didn’t end up there as well.  He got sent to Gryffindor with Grant, Del who seemed distraught at being separated from his sister, Grant, Anna who came to stand next to Avon by the Slytherin shuttle.  She caught Avon’s eye and grinned flirtiously. 





Justin, Sybe and Plaxton, Jane went to join the Medi-Core – Avon always thought it something of a sick joke that the hospital college had chosen a giant and rather evil looking, raven as its symbol.  He said as much to the Grant girl as Servalan (he’d missed her full name) came to join them.  Just one more before Tynus (Slytherin).


“Gryffindor?!”  Servalan spluttered.  “There was a Slytherin if ever I saw one.”  Avon glanced over to the broody guy who’d stood in front of Tynus. 


“Hmm, I don’t know, Travers was it?  Travis?  He looked kindda militant to me,”  mused Anna.  “Looks like he’s giving that Blake kid a hard time already though.  Mind you, if I were Stannis, he’da lost an eye or something by now.”  A little delta kid (Restal, Vila) somehow ended up in Gryffindor and seemed anxious to move away from the monstrous Gan.  He started talking to another, even smaller kid, Nova.


Avon let his eyes drift over the four shuttle groups.  Satisfied that he was with the best lot, he turned to the federation officer glaring down at them; life under the baby-faced Carnell promised to be interesting.








Writing dragon signature
© Copyright 2012 ~MM~ (UN: miget_mushroom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
~MM~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765508-The-Sorting-Orac---in-a-Harry-Potter-alternative-universe