*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766421-My-Biggest-Thrill-and-Sky-Diving
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#766421 added November 20, 2012 at 4:49pm
Restrictions: None
My Biggest Thrill and Sky Diving
         Contrary to what the title may imply my biggest thrill wasn't sky diving, but I'm combining the two prompts into one entry because I'm lucky to be able to get one blog entry written.

Writing/blog prompt: Thrills. For Tuesday the 20th, discuss what you've done that gave you the biggest thrill or what you want to do for your next big thrill. No need to limit to amusement park rides. There's bungee jumping, white water rafting, jungle tree swinging, and many adventure things available these days. by Wordsmitty ✍️ for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS.

What was my biggest thrill? Riding in a helicopter. Several years ago during a convention that was held in Las Vegas, I rode on a helicopter. It wasn't a very long ride and it didn't go to Hoover Dam, as many helicopter rides do today. This ride took us over Las Vegas. It flew over the Las Vegas strip and those in the helicopter saw the hotel-casinos from the air. The city looked so much different when looking down on it then. The streets and highways appeared to me to be straight rivers running through man made mountains. Ever since then, I've considered sky scrapers and tall buildings as mountains made of steel and glass.

November 20, 2012: The topic is skydiving. Would you do it? Or have you done it? for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum.

First, I'm not sure I understand why the sport of jumping out of a plane with a parachute fastened to one's back is called skydiving. The skydiver is falling to the ground or water below, not falling toward the sky above. Would I go skydiving? It sounds like something I would like to do if I knew how to pack a parachute, but I'm not sure I'm willing to trust my life to a chute packed by someone else and I don't know how to properly pack a parachute. Therefore, I might or might not go skydiving if given the opportunity. I would have to think about it for a few minutes, at least that's what I think today. Of course, if given the opportunity I would make a spur of the moment decision, which means I probably would go skydiving.

I mean it can't be any more dangerous the some of the other things I've did in my life. I know it's probably not as dangerous as closing one's self in a refrigerator during a game of hide-and-seek, which I did when I was a child. I would like to think I would go skydiving without any qualms, but what I would like to think I'd do and what I would do are two different things. I suppose it would depend on the circumstance at the time the opportunity presented itself.

© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766421-My-Biggest-Thrill-and-Sky-Diving