*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766527-Holiday-Travel
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#766527 added November 21, 2012 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
Holiday Travel
Writing/Blogging Prompt: Talk about travel you've done or will do. The good, the bad, or just your opinion about traveling. Any mode acceptable including space and two or four-footed. by Wordsmitty ✍️ for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS


Holiday travel has changed over the centuries. At one time people didn't travel very far from home because they had to use a horse, wagon, donkey, or some other type of transportation that depended upon either walking or using an animal of some kind. Traveling in this way was dangerous and time consuming because the further from home the went the greater the chance of encountering thieves. It took weeks or months to travel across the country using horses, camels, donkeys, mules, oxen, or on foot. Now traveling across the country or the world takes hours, so people can go anywhere over the holidays they can afford.

The danger in holiday travel has change because today instead of simply worrying about thieves you also have to worry about terrorist. However, danger has never stopped people from traveling over the holidays. The biggest barrier to holiday travel is time and money rather then danger. Most people give little thought to the danger involved in a holiday trip, but it is there. If you drive a car there is the possibility of a flat tire or breaking down and having these things fixed is expensive, but most people don't worry about this because the have faith that they will get to their destination safely and with little difficulty.

When space travel because common place then people will be able to travel from one planet to another over the holidays. There will still be dangers, so of the same dangers we face when traveling from one point to another on Earth. There will be different danger because with space travel you have to worry about meteor strikes or failures in technology. These things won't stop people from traveling during the holidays. Because the biggest barriers to holiday travel are time and money, these two remain constant.


© Copyright 2012 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766527-Holiday-Travel