*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766555-Thanksgiving
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#766555 added November 21, 2012 at 10:48pm
Restrictions: None
Thanksgiving
Prompt:Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day. What do you have to be thankful for?














I have so many blessings it’s hard to name them all so I’m going start with the One who gave them to me. I’ve written some of my favorite Bible verses and why they help me count my blessings.





Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?


1Corth1:20






This verse is a favorite because it knocked me out of my prison of intellectualism and rationalization. Who am I, the created, to put God into any kind of intellectual box? God has to be bigger than me, outside of me or He is not God.  Because of this verse, I know that I know that God exists.  I am so thankful. Why not John 3:16 "For God so love..." because first I had to believe there was a God before I could believe He would be interested in saving me.





Though one may be overpowered,


    two can defend themselves.


A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.


Ecclesiastes 4:12






I love this verse because it helped me to decide to marry. At the ripe old age of 32, I decided I had enough of dating and men especially church men. I would be single and be happy. And I was until future hubby walked into my life about 2 months after I had this long conversation with God about what I had decided. Of course, future hubby messed my whole world up and when I found this verse, I knew God was speaking. I am very grateful God doesn’t hold us to our plans but carries on with His own.





For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.


2 Tim 1:7 NKJV






I have depression comorbid with ADD. This verse reminds me I’m not crazy. Depression whispers fear, self-loathing, apathy and despair into my ears. 2 Tim gives me hope and something to hang onto until my meds, my exercise and my behavior plans kicks into action. This verse also reminds me I can’t hide or use the big D as an excuse. Hope and help is what I find in it and I am extremely thankful.








Happy Thanksgiving everyone














Lani

© Copyright 2012 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766555-Thanksgiving