*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780238-Not-dull
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#780238 added April 10, 2013 at 4:39pm
Restrictions: None
Not dull...
Well, I've been wishing for something interesting to happen to keep my life from being so dull, but not exactly the something that did happen.

My bird watching window next to my computer has a birdbath below, cleaned and filled almost daily from a close-by outside faucet. A couple of days ago I noticed the faucet was leaking. No matter how hard I turned, I could not shut it off. Each day it got a little worse until instead of a drip, it was a stream of water. I called my nephew (a plumber), and he came over yesterday afternoon and in about fifteen minutes installed a brand new faucet. Perfect.

Not quite. Last evening about 8:30 I started to sit down at the computer and heard squishing under my feet. Uh oh. Yep, a water leak inside the wall. We built our home in 1982 and of course it has copper plumbing. Apparently, the pressure to remove the old faucet, popped a seam or joint or whatever you call it in the tubing. My emergency mode has degraded without recent practice. I dropped the phone in my haste to call Robbie. The battery popped out and I thought I had broken it. My flashlight wouldn't work, and when I went outside to turn off the water at the meter, of course I could not see in the dark.

While I waited for Robbie, I was able to lift the computer tower up on a stool out of harm's way. He arrived in record time, cut a hole in the sheetrock, cut off the tubing and capped the dirty varmint. Maybe I should mention for you Northerners, basements are few and far between here in Florida. My house sits on a concrete pad with the plumbing running down underneath it. Seems dangerous for leaks, huh? I never really thought about it before, but now it has priority on my worry list.

Anyway, most of last night and today I have been sucking up water with the shop vac and running fans. Mopsy is in her scaredy cat mode. She hates the noise from the vacuum and the fans and has been perched on top of the china cabinet for most of the day only coming down to eat and potty.

My serene computer area looks like a junk pile with everything in the room pushed to the inside wall. At least I am able to use the computer and am very thankful for that. In a day or two I should be dried out and back to normal, I hope.

Please, give me "dull" back.

until next time....c

© Copyright 2013 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780238-Not-dull