*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780569-Preparation-is-key
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#780569 added April 14, 2013 at 5:05pm
Restrictions: None
Preparation is key...
I just got back home from my writers' group meeting. It started raining while I was there so I am elated I mowed my grass yesterday. I could see all those little blades with upturned tongues drinking it up *Smile* as I turned in the driveway.

The meeting's speaker today talked about giving presentations. Her name is Kathy Dobronyi,and her book is in the editing stage on its last step to publication so she is certainly ahead of her game. She had lots of good tips on speaking before an audience, yoga (breathing) exercises beforehand and most importantly, be prepared. She also says toastmasters' clubs are good for practice and apparently we have three local ones...who knew? She is a drama teacher and a local storyteller so she has the experience to back her up. She was easy listening.

I was going to stop at Publix, but since it is raining, that will wait until tomorrow. I did pick up a movie I had on hold at the library (since the writers' meeting is there). My daughter recommended it, Take Shelter. I won't be watching it tonight because Sunday is good television night, the only night of the week worth watching anything. Call the Midwife is on PBS at 8:00 P.M., then it is either Mr. Selfridge (same station), or The Good Wife and The Mentalist on CBS, all new episodes tonight.

I have been drawing some portraits from old photograph albums that were in my Uncle Johnny's trunk. I'm not sure I mentioned it before but I inherited it along with Grandmom's sewing machine. All the photos are black and white, some sepia colored, and of course may of them are relatives of mine. It is funny how you can see someone in person, even though many of them were long ago, and not realize you look a little like them until you really start concentrating on their features...just another way of learning who you are, I guess. There are lots of interesting things in that trunk, but I will save that for another time. Hunger pangs are calling me to the kitchen....

until next time....c

© Copyright 2013 Have a sunshiny day! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Have a sunshiny day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780569-Preparation-is-key