*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781371-Colonizing-the-Galaxy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#781371 added April 25, 2013 at 4:33pm
Restrictions: None
Colonizing the Galaxy
The April 25, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Today is the 23rd anniversary of the launch of the Hubble Telescope. In this time, NASA has turned over travel to the space station to other countries, discontinued the shuttle program, allowed for commercial space travel and started working on a mission to Mars. They are, in fact, now taking applications for potential colonists. How do you feel about the changes that have been made and would you consider applying to be a colonist?

The dream has always been
to fly
beyond the bonds of Earth.

Space exploration and colonization of other planets is too expensive for one nation. This type of scientific endeavor require multinational cooperation and sharing of expenses. Commercial space travel means that going to the space station or Mars will create jobs and produce profits. A business that produces profits for its employees and investors grows, which helps the economy of the country and the planet.

I would love to apply as a colonist to Mars, but I am 66 years old with health problems. In 2023, I will be 77, so I have to accept the fact that I probably will never go to Mars or the Moon, unless of course someone construct a senior retirement community on one of them and then I will be the first to apply. I do not see why anyone would want to come back to Earth once on Mars. However, back to the subject of applying for the Mars colony; I may not be able to apply myself, but will encourage anyone who want to go to apply.

We reach for the stars
without fear
because humanity's destiny
is beyond its cradle.

Thought of the Day: "The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever." - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781371-Colonizing-the-Galaxy