*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781411-After-66-years-A-Prose-Poem
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#781411 added April 26, 2013 at 10:01am
Restrictions: None
After 66 years: A Prose Poem
The April 26, 2013 for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be, and why?

After 66 years of learning to live in my own skin. After 66 years of attempting to understand my own idiosyncrasies. I have come to the conclusion I would not want to be anyone else.

It is true, that in the past 66 years, I have sometimes wished I was not me. However, that does not mean I wanted to be someone else; at least, no one else on this planet. Sometimes I might have wanted to be an elf queen or just an ordinary elf on another planet or in another age, but even if I was born into a family of elves I would still be me. I would not be the me I am on earth in the twenty-first century, but I would still be the person my past experience created. Therefore, not matter what age I was born in or what planet I was born on, I would still be me.

I believe I was destined to be born on Earth in the twentieth century and survive into the twenty-first century for a reason. Sometime I am not sure what the reason was and at other time I am positive I know that reason. After 66 years of swinging back and forth on the subject of why I was born; I have decided that the purpose of my birth is to know and love God. (Actually, I came to this conclusion several years before I turned 66.) Every event in my life, whether positive or negative, has eventually drawn me closer to God.

After 66 years, I would not want to be someone else for even a day. The events of my past have made me the person I am today and the person I will become tomorrow. The things that happen to me today will help me become the person I am tomorrow. Each day my spirit evolves through the tests and difficulties I encounter that day. These tests a difficulties are intended to assist me in developing spiritual attributes that will clothe my soul in the next world and give me wings to ascend through all the worlds of God. Other people encounter different tests and difficulties because they have specific spiritual attributes they need to develop.

After 66 years, I have come to realize that, no matter how much I may want to be someone else, it is impossible because not matter who I am at any given moment, I am always me.

Thought of the Day: "Look 'em in the eye, tell 'em, I'm just being me." - Author Unknown

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/781411-After-66-years-A-Prose-Poem