*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782279-Opinion-Thursday-and-Falling-Asleep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#782279 added May 9, 2013 at 11:45am
Restrictions: None
Opinion Thursday and Falling Asleep
The May 9, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
What are your thoughts on the new look of Writing.Com?
What are your favorite things about it, and, if anything, what would you like to see changed?

The new look was a goose to my braincells when I first saw it. It took me a little while to get used to it and figure out I had to change some of my habits when I using it. Of course, when I encountered the new look, I was recovering from being ill and my brain may not have been functioning at its normal level. I like the new look and I have not found anything I would change.

I like a little change in my life; however, I do not randomly change stuff just for the sake of change. If furniture functions well in a room and looks nice, I do not move it except to clean or look for lost objects. Once I have swept, mopped, or found what I was looking for then the furniture goes back into place. If I do decide something needs changing then I have to consider how to make the change before I move anything or make any suggestions.

The new look is pleasant and everything is easy to work with. I especially like the e-mail because it gives me the percentage free instead of another number. It is easier for me to tell how much room I have left in my inbox when the only number I have to focus on is the percentage. If I want to know how much space I have used then I can always subtract the percentage from 100 and I can do that in my head.

Goose the braincells
it keeps them functioning
just as doing subtraction
in your head.

The May 9, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Do you fall asleep quickly or very slowly?

Sleep,
the prayer of the insomniac,
is a slow process
even when my eyelids are heavy
and my mouth opens in long, loud yawns.

Do I suffer from terminal insomnia?

Perhaps
it is just that my brain is active
and sleep comes
only after reading,
prayer,
meditation,
and a few minutes
(or is it hours)
of staring out the window
into the night.

Thought of the Day: "Insomnia is my greatest inspiration." - Jon Stewart



© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782279-Opinion-Thursday-and-Falling-Asleep