*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785085-Change-of-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#785085 added June 18, 2013 at 10:27am
Restrictions: None
Change of Life
The June 18, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
How short would your life have to be before you would have to start living differently today?

Before I get down to the nitty-gritty
of responding to this prompt,
I put the coffee onto brew
and read some of yesterday's
A to Z poems.

I am smiling because of reading some of the A to Z poems from yesterday. I have said a prayer for assistance. I have coffee in one of my "Marie Callender's 50 Years 1948-1998" anniversary mugs and take a sip at short random intervals. I am ready to respond to today's prompt.

"How short would your life have to be before you would have to start living differently today?" Change, growth, or transformation is a slow and daily struggle between soul and insistent self. The human soul wants to do those things that will develop the spiritual attributes which will cloth it in the world of the spirit and assist its ascent through all the worlds of God. The insistent self (sometimes referred to as ego) wants to do what will make the body happy in the material realm. This is a constant struggle, a daily battle from the moment of birth until the second of death when body and soul are separated. Sometimes the knowledge of imminent physical death encourages sudden change in favor of the soul and sometimes it has the opposite affect.

Physical life is short. The time from conception to the death of an individual human is only a few decades or perhaps one century, but no more and often times less. In that short span of time, a human being is born, grows up, learns a trade, procreates, and develop spiritual attributes that clothe the soul during its immortally and its adventures in the spiritual realm. That is a lot to accomplish in a few decades or a century especially if a person has to focus on food, shelter, and clothing for him or herself as well as any offspring.

It is our encounters with death that bring home to individual human beings precisely how short life is on the material sphere. These encounters scar the shit out of most human beings, which cause some people to reevaluate their past and change for the better. However, these encounters can cause other individuals to move in the opposite direction and change for the worst. It is also possible that these encounters will have no affect on the individual and in this case there is no sudden change or transformation.

How short would my life have to be before I would have to start living differently today? I hope that each day brings a little difference in my life. I hope that I make each today better then yesterday and each tomorrow better then today. I know that sometimes I fail in this and fall into a well of depression, but the only thing I can do when this happens is say a prayer for forgiveness and try again.

Quote of the Day: “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785085-Change-of-Life