*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785394-Sunday-The-Beginning-of-a-Fresh-New-Week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#785394 added June 23, 2013 at 10:36am
Restrictions: None
Sunday: The Beginning of a Fresh New Week
It is Sunday, June 23, 2013, since there is no prompt listed for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum, I presume it is a free day.


I am on my second cup of fresh coffee. On Saturday, I warmed up leftover coffee in the microwave and on Monday I will warm up leftover coffee, but today I am drinking hot fresh coffee to begin a new week. Because it is summer, I am considering changing from hot coffee to iced coffee. Summer mornings in Las Vegas are cooler then the rest of day, but sometimes I find myself letting my coffee get cold or lukewarm. Sometimes this happens because I am focused on writing; however, most of the time it is because the hot coffee warms up my body to the point that I think the temperature in the house is higher then it is.

I keep the thermostat set at 83 degrees, a temperature my body can handle without too much discomfort or stress, all summer. This works fine as long as I do not drink any hot liquids, which warms my body up. If I go to iced coffee that will cool me down instead of warming me up. In fact, I think I will go into the kitchen and make myself a glass of iced coffee. I am back with my glass of iced coffee.

The iced coffee tastes all right, but it is not as strong as I like my coffee. I think the reason is that I used regular ice cubes instead of frozen coffee cubes. I will fill one or two of my ice cube trays with coffee and then in the morning use those for my iced coffee. When the hot coffee melts the cubes it will melt coffee ice cubes instead of water ice. That will make my iced coffee stronger without me having to figure out how many scoops of coffee to put in the coffee maker basket to make up for the dilution of the ice cubes. I also do not have to worry about the coffee in the carafe being too strange if my sister should come into Las Vegas.



I missed seeing the super moon on Saturday, but according to an article on EarthSky,1 the moon will look as full on Sunday as it did on Saturday. I checked moonrise time in Las Vegas, according to Timebie2 the full moon will rise about 8:20 pm. I am going to the Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) tonight, so I might get to see the super moon sometime this evening.

The full moon rises
and its exquisite beauty
takes my breathe away.

Quote of the Day: "For most people, we often marvel at the beauty of a sunrise or the magnificence of a full moon, but it is impossible to fathom the magnitude of the universe that surrounds us." - Richard H. Baker

Footnotes
1  http://earthsky.org/tonight/is-biggest-and-closest-full-moon-on-june-23-2013-a-s...
2  http://www.timebie.com/moon/las_vegas_united_states.php


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785394-Sunday-The-Beginning-of-a-Fresh-New-Week