*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791380-I-Survived-Math
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#791380 added September 13, 2013 at 4:39pm
Restrictions: None
I Survived Math
The September 13, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
What was your worst subject in school?

I survived mathematics! I got through all of my math classes with passing grades, but just barely. I can add one plus one and come up with the right answer. I can balance a check book and I can set up a an income-outgo spreadsheet. I have difficulty living within a budget, but I can balance my monthly books as long as I don't spend cash. The problem occurs when I receive change for an item.

I get the proper amount of change back when I spend the cash. I put the change and the receipt in my purse. The issue comes in when I go to put the amount I spent in my spreadsheet. I cannot remember the cost of the item (which is why I kept the receipt), but when I go to my purse one of two things happens. First, nine times out ten I can't find the receipt which was in my purse with the change. The change is still there, but the receipt is nowhere to be found. Second, if I can find the receipt then at the end of the month when I go to count the change in my purse, I come up short. There are, of course, several explanations for the missing receipt or the missing change. The explanation I like best is that my purse has an interdenominational portal and the receipt or the change slips through and is somewhere living happily in another denomination.

I survived my worst class in school. I survived mathematics. I am thankful that the only math I have to do down is keeping track of my money, which is difficult if I spend cash. This is why I have a debit card and use it whenever I am comfortable with the merchant I am doing business with. This means the grocery store I shop at frequently, one gas station, my doctor's office, and government offices. If I shop anywhere else, I go to the ATM and withdraw cash, which I try to avoid doing because spending cash screws up my books.

Thought of the Day: "Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater." - Albert Einstein

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/791380-I-Survived-Math