*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792006-The-Harvest-Moon
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#792006 added September 21, 2013 at 1:31am
Restrictions: None
The Harvest Moon
Did you see the moon last night? It was large, clear, and bright -- much like the clear waters of the Pacific Ocean.

Why is it called the "harvest moon"? Actually the "harvest moon" is the first full moon that symbolizes the beginning of the fall season. The full moon falls "closest to the autumnal equinox", which is September 22. This date in the calendar is the beginning of fall on the northern hemisphere.

The beginning of fall. Is it also the beginning of something new? something different? something most unusual? Is it the start of a new school year, college, that is, when as freshmen we leave our homes, our nest, our heaven, and go out into the world and get a taste of what it is in store for us - as we grow in stature and in intellect.

It is the beginning of a new life - where we make mistakes, correct our errors, make more mistakes and correct our error all over again. It is the time to "fall" because our young minds are simply not able to cope with what the world is in store for us. But the "fall" also means the beginning of learning. With the brightness of the full moon, we know - somehow - we shall learn how else we can help ourselves from the mistakes we make. Errors are just that, errors and mistakes and misunderstandings and misgivings. Because errors can be corrected, mistakes can be forgiven, and misgivings can be forgotten with the help of maturity, guidance, and the ever (and forever) love we have from our parents, our siblings, our friends, even.

And so let the "harvest moon" light our way; guide us through all the harshness of the world, and lead us to the brightness ahead of us. Come on, "harvest moon", lead the way and take us to the ends of the world because we are prepared with whatever we shall encounter throughout the years of our harvest moons.






© Copyright 2013 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792006-The-Harvest-Moon