*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793269-Sunny-but-still-cold
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#793269 added October 4, 2013 at 3:58pm
Restrictions: None
Sunny but still cold...
...frosty too!

meeeeeeee...

I don't want to sound whiny ...why? because I'm don't want to be confused with a member of the U.S. Congress!

The sunshine today is brilliant. The storm moved into the Dakotas. Snow on the peaks and sunny cold in the valley. Beautiful day. Really feels like autumn. There was frost this morning.

On to other things:

Met with Dustin yesterday about trip to Sénégal sometime within the next year. He's a videographer. Late 20s, professional. I need to get some ideas written up that he can then use to pitch to sponsors...

I'll let him deal with the money-coming-in part. I'm good at setting up a reasonable budget and fairly good at adhering to it. He's a couchsurfer so low-budget is fine with him.

Plus, he owes me a coffee...

...in Paris (and now in Dakar).

If we flew Air France there are flights from Missoula through Salt Lake City direct to Paris (CDG) and connections to Dakar.

I could get both coffees on one trip!

So... how do I pitch Sénégal? One idea is to put forth the concept of "edges", how some animals like deer prosper on the edges. The Sahel is one of those edges, the ocean is another. Sénégal has both.

Of course, the main animal I'm thinking of is humans. There is great cultural diversity in the Sahel and market towns are crossroads between the jungles and the dessert. People have been living next to each other for centuries. Add the ocean and the ports like Dakar, add the French colonial period and "culture" becomes multi-ethnic and wonderful to observe. I could go on-and-on...

And then there is music... and dance...

Yep. Sénégal has lots to offer both visual and audio. The trick is to "see" it, "feel" it, record it, digest it and finally understand what one has just experienced.

So maybe... *Smile*
43,234


© Copyright 2013 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793269-Sunny-but-still-cold