*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795310-Day-4
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1959431
All the contest entries in one place! Maybe they won't be so late now, haha.
#795310 added October 22, 2013 at 8:32am
Restrictions: None
Day 4

House



What was left? The wind tore down the boards of the house, and blew in all sorts of debris. The water ate at the foundations holding the building up. Dark clouds hovered over the area, forbidding light to shine on the sorry subject.

House had been beautiful once. She had been painted a pure white when she was built, ready to accept and welcome her new masters. Back then, when it was sunny, House could clearly remember her masters’ playfully frolicking throughout the lawn. They had picnics with the blanket stretched all out

House felt full then. It had a purpose. It had people, children and pets! Gardeners who cared for her and loved her, filling her hollow soul with happiness and affection. House was happy, for her purpose in life was filled. And House shone with gratitude, and she cared and provided for her people, her loved ones.

Now she was abandoned, her boards blackened and chipped. Her windows, that had once held light, now boarded up halfheartedly. The green lawn her masters had once sat, now hidden beneath the murky gray water surrounding her.

Where had her Masters gone? Did they not care for her any longer? She remembered the van, the roaring monster that had taken her people away. They had not returned.

But House still held hope, and she watched slowly over the years as the water poured in, leaving her a solitary figure in the background of a forest. She watched as crows and other birds nested in her halls instead of her people.

She kept on single light on the attic to show that she had not forgotten, even if her people had.
© Copyright 2013 TheQuillDragon (UN: thequilldragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TheQuillDragon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795310-Day-4