*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801143-Wind
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#801143 added December 27, 2013 at 4:00pm
Restrictions: None
Wind...
...and more wind.

Me:

And noisy. Ticos don't mind yelling across the room, across the bus. Typical yelling from the pool behind me at this moment. The trucks...

...and the wind is noisy too.

It's not that Ticos are that much noisier than other people. Missoulians aren't this loud though ... must be that Scandinavian influence. The Irish I grew up with weren't exactly quiet (lots of Irish in Western Montana).

So I had to yell too. It took 6 calls on Skype (message machine, lost calls) to get through to someone in Montana to change my PIN number on my account as suggested. I had tried the bank ... nope ... on-line ... issues, so nope.

I hope I remember the new numbers. If I don't I'm screwed.

When I get back ... maybe a formal letter of complaint to the bank to encourage them to throw Visa and Mastercard over the cliff if they won't play nice.

Is it only in America that you find this level of stubborn incompetence? I doubt it. But the card services need to be spanked. Ultimately they are the ones to blame ... more so than Target.

In good news. Got to and from the beach without problems. Took the bus at 8:30, got to El Jobo at 9:25. Walked 3 km to La Rajada. Pretty beach but it was obvious that there was a riptide. Walked a ways, took some photos, decided to try going around the point. Talked to fishermen (fish and octopus).

Around the point ... shouldn't have done it alone. The rocks, the gaps between rocks, no one in sight. Only fell once and that was in a safe place. Took more photos. I carried my water-proof Fuji.

Saw the new resort being built at the east end of Playa Jobo. Fortunately the road was at the west end ... and mostly flat. Only saw one car parked, no people. Walked down a dirt road (no traffic = no dust) surrounded by sparse trees and lots of violet morning glories ... like the fields were covered!

Got back into "town" (El Jobo) in time to buy a 2.5L bottle of orange juice. I had carried water but...

Back in La Cruz by 13:15.

Payed for another night. Washed out some clothes. Checked my phone (Colleen had called from Montana) and tried to find internet. Finally...

So... day was not relaxing.

Now to finish my coffee then back to my place. I want to go to the cemetery and see if José Luís is around. I'd met him 1 1/2 maybe 2 years ago and couldn't find him last time but ran into him at the library yesterday. Some people are just good people to know.

Wish I could collect all my friends and put them in one place ... but headhunting and keeping a collection of shrunken heads is frowned upon ... *Frown*

46.450

© Copyright 2013 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801143-Wind