*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801892-A-Shopping-Day-with-my-Mother---week-two
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#801892 added January 2, 2014 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
A Shopping Day with my Mother - week two
Share an interaction you had with a family member today - Week Two entry.

I spent the day with my Mother today. We did the shopping thing. I love spending time with my mother. A shopping day is always good whether we buy anything or not.

We always make a date to go shopping in the summer to Stratford, Ontario. It is a small town not far from where we live. It is known for having the Stratford Festival that does up Shakespearean plays. And it has amazing little shops in its downtown, complete with a shop that has resident cats that walk amongst the glassware or hang out by the cash register - where they can get some serious attention. I always look forward to that day.

Because it is close to my birthday and also because I did not get out shopping with her in December, she was eager to go shopping with me. She said she wanted to buy me some things. I got to pick out things for my birthday and get them immediately. Gotta love that. She got me a new calendar for my fridge at home - I needed this. The fact I didn't buy one before the new year was getting to me - but getting it 40% off was worth it. She also bought me a really wonderful pair of winter boots that I was considering whether I should buy or not. When she said she'd get them for me - they were sold. Now I am all set.

She also helped me pick out some lovely clothes that I got for myself. I usually don't buy anything at this time of year for myself because of my birthday being so close. It was fun.

We also did the lunch thing - sitting and chatting is what we are good at. I love these gab sessions. I have really gotten to know my mother over the years and she is an interesting person. We share a lot of laughs and giggles. What more could you ask for in a day. We both went home ready to put up our feet and take a nap. Six hours of shopping will do that to a person.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801892-A-Shopping-Day-with-my-Mother---week-two