*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802938-Someone-New-I-Met-Today
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#802938 added January 11, 2014 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Someone New I Met Today
Tell us about someone new you met today. Week Three prompt for Welcome to My Reality.

Earlier today I read a blog that Angels in my Ear posted. It was called "Monotone. Reading her words, I felt a kind of kinship; a kinship that I have found with many of the individuals that I have met on this website. Whether we are extraverts, who can talk and interact with others with ease or introverts, who step back and observe the world around us; we are all pulled together by the same thread. Writing. It binds us. Holds us together. It weaves the fabric of our lives together. As individuals and as writers. We share that bond and because of that, we come together and appreciate each other in ways no one else can.

I have elements of introversion and extroversion within me. At times, I will talk to anyone. As a teacher, I love the interactions with my students, but at other times I slip into my introversive self. It is the one that held me in my childhood. Back when I was painfully shy, when writing was my way of dealing with the world around me.

On this website I can be who I am. I am grateful for all the people I have met here – there are too many to name. Each day the list seems to grow. I learn from them and I hope, they too, learn from me. We are in this together.

Some of the groups that have showed me that kind of kinship have been "Invalid Item, "Invalid Item, "The Rising Stars Tour Bus , "Invalid Item as well as anyone actively involved in last year’s Nano adventure.

There are others as well, but for now I just wanted to highlight these ones. Feel free to check them out if you haven't already. You may just find some kindred spirits of your own.

© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802938-Someone-New-I-Met-Today