*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803067-Who-Made-Me-Mad-Today
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#803067 added January 12, 2014 at 11:18pm
Restrictions: None
Who Made Me Mad Today
Who made you mad today? Week Four prompt for Welcome to My Reality.

I do not get angry very often, at least not angry at my loved ones very often. I tend to roll with the punches. But today it was my mother that pushed my annoyance buttons.

Yesterday I made plans with her to get together for tea and pizza at one o’clock. She wanted to see me on my birthday and I did not want to let her down. She was not feeling all that great, so she had canceled her original plans to have my step brother and his wife come to visit. We decided we would have lunch and spend the afternoon together if she was feeling up to it.

Then today when she called me to wish me 'Happy Birthday', she asked if I could come over an hour and a half earlier because she had made plans to go with her boyfriend to some show out at Maryhill. Apparently the show was one neither of them were all that interested in, but their friends would be there.

I was a little annoyed because I had told my husband I would be gone all afternoon, so he had made plans to go out with a buddy of his. With mom’s changes, it meant I would be alone for a good few hours in the afternoon. Normally this would not bother me, but I was feeling a little blue, birthdays do that to you as you get older. I did not want to be alone. It seemed depressing to be alone for my birthday.

I eventually resigned myself and actually took advantage of the nicer weather and the time and went to Waterloo Park to see what animals were still there. I was surprised to find the miniature horses and the alpaca were, as were the turkeys.

After I visited with them – and yes, I do talk to the animals, I took a walk into downtown area. I found myself at Words Worth Books – an independent bookstore I happen to really like. I came out with several good books and a smile.

The day turned out to be very good and I was active enough to enjoy a wonderful dinner out with my husband later that night.

Overall, I would say it was a good birthday.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803067-Who-Made-Me-Mad-Today