*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804474-Topolandia
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#804474 added January 25, 2014 at 12:20am
Restrictions: None
Topolandia
Je ne sais pas pourquoi...

I went to Topolandia today. It's a "residence" carved out of soft rock. A series of rooms link by passageways.

It features painted and unpainted bas-relief sculptures. Very quirky. I liked the one of the Flintstones.

It has a shower, toilet, sink, meditation room, bedrooms, nooks, crannies, a spring of fresh water, even a few mushrooms and ferns.

It was worth the visit. Got a few photos. Had agua de sapo (toad water = tapa de dulce with mandarino) at the restaurant. Really liked it.

Then I visited Maxine who lives nearby. I had actually been there before when her tenants lived there ... didn't put that together immediately ...

Great chat while she cut up vegetables for soup. She's a former nuclear scientist and lawyer from Quebec and California. She writes children's stories.

We could've talked for hours more.

In the evening got to talk to writers Eugenio, Alberto and Mary. Looks like I'm joining the field trip on Monday. We discussed punctuation. The use of colons appears to be quite different than in English.

Alberto took Mary home, with me along for the ride, so I now know where she lives (Barrio Guadalupe de El Hoyon).

In the evening I talked with Jim from Oregon (works for FEMA) in the park and spoke with Fabian who was putting up posters for tomorrow's event (I'm expected to attend).

It was a comfortable eventful day.

...mais je suis heureux.
47.704

© Copyright 2014 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804474-Topolandia