*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805110-Inner-Critic-or-Inner-Coach
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#805110 added January 29, 2014 at 9:47pm
Restrictions: None
Inner Critic or Inner Coach?
Is your inside voice your inner critic or inner coach? You know that little voice that tells us "we can do it" or more often than not the voice that says "you can't do that, you will only make a fool of yourself if you..." Week Six for Welcome to My Reality.

My internal voice can be a moody sort. Some days can be a fight to stay positive and stay on the side of the inner coach. It is so much easier to cheer others on, not always so easy to cheer myself on. These January days stretch out dark and cold - they tend to discolour my own internal dialogue. Turning it harsh and brittle. But fighting that and cheering on others here at Writing.com has helped me be more kind to myself.

I have gotten better at shutting down the inner critic and just letting the writing happen. Doing Nano has helped with that as well - I wrote without caring if I was writing crap. Just go for it.

Sometimes I find myself consciously turning my voice around. Shutting out the internal crap and finding glimmers of promise. Being my inner coach is a learning process. One I intend to keep fighting for because... I am worth it. And so are you.




© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/805110-Inner-Critic-or-Inner-Coach